Thursday, June 11, 2020

Deal-Breakers, Standards, Expectations, and Preferences

Deal-Breakers


Must NOT drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or do drugs, and is NOT an active addict of any kind (social media, sex, “love”, food, spending, work, exercise, etc).

MUST be a Christian, with a testimony about how Jesus turned their life around; has an intimate relationship with God; asks for God’s will to be done throughout the day - not theirs; reads Scripture; is / can be a leader in Christ; is filled with the Holy Spirit; LOVES GOD SO MUCH.

MUST be single / available / not in a committed relationship / not in love with someone / not sleeping around / hoping to eventually marry a Christian woman and settle down with a lifelong, committed, Christ-centered, intimate partnership.

MUST love children, is nurturing and willing / wants to share in the responsibility of raising children that aren’t biologically theirs, cares deeply about young people, is a gentle protector.

Must NOT be abusive / extremely reactive / angry. Must not be self-absorbed, self-centered and over-run by pride. Must be happy to recognize and admit quickly when they’re wrong. Is in touch with their emotions, checks themselves, doesn’t react immediately based on their emotions, checks in with God and sponsor / spiritual advisor before reacting emotionally and blaming me / being angry with me.


Standards


Is content and happy with the life they have now. Their life is filled with things they enjoy that fulfill them. They are happy / healthy / whole. They live a balanced life and happily fulfill their commitments / obligations. They love to help others.

They are kind, gentle, loving, tolerant, patient, forgiving, not rude, not judgmental, doesn’t hold resentments; doesn’t speak badly about people, is not easily angered, is open-minded, doesn’t complain a lot or is overly negative, is accountable, respectful, humble, honest, true to their word, impeccable with their word, direct, states their intentions clearly, knows and loves themselves as a child of God, and sees and loves me the way God sees and loves me.

They have a happy disposition, smile a lot, have a great sense of humor, love to laugh and have fun.

They 100% respect and believe in celibacy before marriage, honor my body, date with Godly intentions rather than lust.

They have done and continue to do a lot of work improving themselves spiritually, mentally and emotionally to be the best man or woman of God they can be on a daily basis. Have gone to and continue to go to therapy. If a recovered alcoholic / addict, have 1+ year clean / sober and have gone through all 12 steps, have a sponsor / sponsee(s)].

They attend church regularly (if possible, at least virtually).

They think I’m beautiful, despite my flaws, inside and out. They love my dorkiness / quirkiness / sense of humor.

They will NOT cheat in a committed relationship, emotionally, mentally or physically. They are rigorously honest about their thoughts and feelings without blaming.


Expectations


They go to bed around 10 pm and wake up around 6 am.

They have a steady income with a career that they enjoy, a reliable car (& valid driver’s license), live on their own (not with parents), support themselves.

They take care of their body, eat healthily (but they love food and have eclectic food tastes), exercise (or at least wants to).

They give me attention, affection, appreciation; accept me for me and allows me to be who I am; love me for me; take initiative in contacting me (call / video chat not just text). They think about me; WANT to be with me; want to get to know me; treat me like a queen; make time for me. They take charge in planning fun things for us to do together.

They are accountable to someone daily (sponsor, spiritual advisor), spot-check their resentments, fears, selfishness and dishonesty/delusion so those defects aren’t running the show.

Preferences

Is older than I am. Taller than I am. Sexy, fit body. I’m attracted to them physically; I get physically excited around them; we have chemistry.

Loves camping, fishing, the outdoors, photography, music (and plays an instrument or sings, likes to dance), going on adventures, going out to eat or cooking, trying new things, reading, watching good TV / movies, and loves cats!

Is sexually kinky and will take charge in the bedroom (for a spicy sex life if it leads to marriage one day!).

Fixes things, uses tools, knows / can fix car stuff, can build things.

Is a careful planner but also fun and fearless (but not dangerous!).

Shares my political views. Isn’t of “rich white privilege,” fights for the underdog, is passionate about minorities’ / womens’ rights (i.e. liberal).

Is intellectual, educated; reads books; enjoys intelligent conversations.


Preferences


Is older than I am. Taller than I am. Sexy, fit body.


Loves camping, fishing, the outdoors, photography, music (and plays an instrument or sings, likes to dance), going on adventures, going out to eat or cooking, trying new things, reading, watching good TV / movies, and loves cats!


Is sexually kinky and will take charge in the bedroom (for a spicy sex life if it leads to marriage one day!). They make me feel excited / I’m physically attracted to them.


Fixes things, uses tools, knows / can fix car stuff, can build things.


Is a careful planner but also impulsive and fearless (but not dangerous!).


Shares my political views. Isn’t of “rich white privilege,” fights for the underdog, is passionate about minorities’ / womens’ rights (i.e. liberal).


Is intellectual, educated; reads books; enjoys intelligent conversations.


Questions

Who are their friends? Who is important to them? What are their most important relationships? Who do they spend their time with?

What do they do when alone? How do they enjoy their solitude?

Who inspires them (who do they watch / listen to)? Who do they take advice from?

Where do they see themselves in 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? Retirement? (I.e. What are their life plans?) What are their hopes and dreams for themselves? What are they striving towards?

What types of music do they listen to? How often do they listen to music? If they play an instrument or sing, how often do they play or sing? Can they / do they / would they dance? Do they go to concerts / enjoy live music / jam?

Do they partake in social gatherings (family, friends)? If so, how important is it to them that their girlfriend / wife would be there with them? How do they see ME fitting into their social life? 

Do they like to cook? Keep things clean? Are they proud of their home?


What is their financial situation? Are they up-to-date on bills, taxes, etc? How's their credit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note to My Beloved Readers:

You're very important to me; more than you will ever know. Through writing about my life, I'm trying to become a better mother. That is, in fact, my penultimate goal. If I succeed, I hope to inspire fellow sufferers of abuse and mental illness like me to survive and thrive (and if I don't succeed, I'm still useful as an example of what NOT to do). So, please, join me! Subscribe by email. Read about my fall from grace, my digging myself out of the trenches of demoralization, and my uphill trudge, battling the demons on the road to restoration, redemption, and happy destiny. We are not alone, you and I. And if you believe it - God's will is where your feet are. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at adorafallbrook@gmail.com. Thank you, and so much love - Adora Fallbrook (nom de plume).