Wednesday, August 6, 2014

More About Mom and Dad, my First Date and my First Boyfriend

My mom let me go on my first date when I was twelve, with a guy who was sixteen. His breath smelled like popcorn at the movies, he was fat, and he had a lot of zits. He asked if he could kiss me, but I said, "No." I didn't go out with him again.

When I was sixteen, my mom let me have my first boyfriend, who was twenty-one. He asked if he could kiss me, and I said, "Well...okay." But I decided to get out of the relationship after he shoved his tongue so far down my throat that I couldn't breathe. While writing the break-up note, I asked her if I could lie and say that my mom just wouldn't allow me to be with a twenty-one year-old. "I guess," she said.

My dad was out of the picture. He still is. So is my mom. They have abusive, meth-addict or alcoholic significant others, respectfully. It's been that way since I was eight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note to My Beloved Readers:

You're very important to me; more than you will ever know. Through writing about my life, I'm trying to become a better mother. That is, in fact, my penultimate goal. If I succeed, I hope to inspire fellow sufferers of abuse and mental illness like me to survive and thrive (and if I don't succeed, I'm still useful as an example of what NOT to do). So, please, join me! Subscribe by email. Read about my fall from grace, my digging myself out of the trenches of demoralization, and my uphill trudge, battling the demons on the road to restoration, redemption, and happy destiny. We are not alone, you and I. And if you believe it - God's will is where your feet are. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at adorafallbrook@gmail.com. Thank you, and so much love - Adora Fallbrook (nom de plume).